Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prom!

I remember my senior prom, it was the start of my friendship with Husband. almost 10 years ago.Who would have known years down the road I would marry the nerdy little kid that asked me to prom. BTW prom pictures never do any justice, It's impossible not to fake smile while some weird man tells you to smile after he puts you  in some weird, akward maternity poses. Check out my horrid picture with Husband back in 2002. 
As a hairstylist I have done years of proms for young girls, Hair, Makeup, picking out dresses.  It has all been a thrill it makes me reflect on my very own prom, I remember the morning of prom I had a group of friends come over to get their hair and makeup done, Yes, way before I got a liscense I already did hair and make up from home, Ive gotten soooo much better and praise the Lord for the that. I look back though at pictures of friends for those days and they look pretty good and up to date. Sad to say as far as me looking how I wanted for my own prom didn't happen. Hence the slicked down hair in the picture above. The plus about that day is that I designed my own dress and years later I married my prom date. Now adays  I get to make girls feel pretty and do for them what I didnt have someone do for me on my senior prom. Even if admit it,  prom is not what you expect. I didnt even know what to expect, I found myself on my way to my senior prom expecting something spectacular,  It defenitly was not like in the movies! Prom was pretty much about ( I say for girls) looking at the pretty and not so pretty dresses girls were wearing, and making sure u were not caught wearing the same dress as someone else.
 2 weeks ago I received a last minute phone call from a desperate mother about her daughter going to her junior prom. I had the honor of being part of this girl's life 2 years ago for her sweet 15. I responded to the call and was able to meet with her at her house in Riverside and did her hair and make up. She looked beautiful! Her dress was adorable! Her family and her are such sweethearts!  

This past weekend was my alma mater,Rialto High School's prom. I got to do a young girl I watched grow up as well as her Aunt's being from the group of friends I would doll up for their proms! Her dress as well as the girl from above were very similar as well as adorable!
 

Contact me If you or someone you know is in need of a hair and make up girl for their special Day.

1 comment:

  1. aww!! Memories! I love it! We need to do some crazy marketing and get you out there!! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete